Friday, November 24, 2006

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brillant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are we not to be.
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us, its in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconciously give other people permision to do the same.
As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates us.

by Marianne Williamson

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My deepest fear is that I won't take my self as far as I should. I'm inherently lazy both physically and mentally and always satisfied with above achievements when I could have done better if I applied myself.

By the way, I'm just checking in, neglect my ranting.

Nilla said...

lol.... now i urge you to overcome your fears.
thanx for checking in.
stop by again :D

Naija Vixen said...

i absolutely love this quote...i remembered wen i 1st heard it while watchin coach carter...i had chills....nice blog

Nilla said...

@ Naija vixen,
the feeling is mutual

I first heard it..i think in the movie "Akeela and the Bee"

thanx girl.

Anonymous said...

Even though i walk in the midst of darkness, i shall not be afraid.